Followers

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

R I S K


RISK

I'm not talking about the board game RISK if some of you may know. Anyway, as I was saying, since we live in a world of uncertainty, the way we perceive risk and integrate it into our decisions is vitally important in almost all dimensions of our life.



There is risk in everything that one does, and no one knows where he will make his landfall when his enterprise is at its beginning. One man, trying to act effectively, fails to foresee something and falls into great and grim ruination, but to another man, one who is acting ineffectively, a god gives good fortune in everything and escape from his folly

- Greek Poet, statesman Solon





This reminds me a lot that life has always been uncertain, therefore we need to acknowledge and compensate as best we can for the risks we encounter.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you risk your life and future to be with someone you love?

Ps. I won't take the risk, but I'll take the love.

Aiman Ariffin said...

Ibrahim: different ppl view risk differently, according to their own perspectives. You may say its risky but maybe not for me.

anonymous said...

GOSH... when it comes to risk, i always think twice. it might be good. but it might be bad as well. hee

Aiman Ariffin said...

Taufik: itula tu. uncertain. So whatever it is. expect for the worst? yes? hahaha

Aliph said...

sometime we have to be brave and take a risk cos risk grows a chance in future. but sometime must be a wisetime ;-)

aiman. miss u babi

Aiman Ariffin said...

Aliph: good one aliph. yeah where hv u been man? better start learning to keep urself updated with me thru me blog