Followers

Saturday, May 4, 2013

A Birthday Story

Bismillah Al Rahman Al Rahim,

So another birthday has come. A few days ago, I actually wondered what would I get for my birthday this year. As materialistic as I am, surprisingly I was wishing for a chance to see myself in the future. How odd it may sound, I somehow reach to a level where even items won't do me any good. 

When I look back through time, among all the happy birthday celebrations filled with joy and brightness, the strongest memory sits close to me in the year 2011. It was the loneliest birthday I've ever had. Those days when I was at Brisbane, alone, most of the time. A lonely time. 

To be honest, I somehow feel that there is nothing much to celebrate about this year 2013. Unless a doctor says my lifetime can only take me as far as now and reaching over the time frame is of course a huge achievement. Something to celebrate on. (it's not like I'm asking for some illness. Touch wood!) you get my point.

Just like how Grace Parley say, "enormous change at the last minute". To my surprise, right after my birthday eve, I was greeted with a cake by a person whom I've met for some random coffee talk at Bangsar. First cake of the day. Hearing him telling me that he rushed to get me the cake since all stores have been closed, the first word pop up from my mind was touched. What made him go through all that I wondered.



My birthday morning was greeted with a cup of hot chocolate. That too amazes me, how someone whom I met briefly after a few days at work, can give such a big impact on the most important day of my existence. There was a warmth in her words in wishing me just like how hot the drink was. 

I've said this before, and I will say it again. I am thankful and blessed that wherever, whenever I'm at, I happen to meet wonderful amazing inspiring people whom I admire. Alhamdulillah. 

I have nothing to say to these wonderful people except for thank you for creating a pleasant birthday memories for me this year.  

Lastly, Happy birthday to me. I hope to grow into a better man, a bigger person in life, a man stand by his principles, a man to be remembered, a man to be loved and to love and a man with a strong faith within him. Amin.